Shooting & Stalking Around Thurso
Forss House Hotel is surrounded by a number of estates offering game shooting, wild fowling and stalking, some welcoming “first time” and less experienced guns as well as the experienced.
If you would like to shoot or stalk do book in advance because the local Estates will give priority to their own resident guns so you may need to call around to find a day. If you have any trouble do give us a call and we will see if we can call around further afield.
Every Gamekeeper will have their own views on when the shooting is best on their ground but the following is a rule of thumb for this part of the world.
Best times to shoot Game and Wild Fowl:
- Grouse | mid August to mid September
- Duck | September to December
- Geese | November
- Rough Shooting | late September to December
Best times to Stalk:
- Red Deer Stags | mid September to late October
- Red Deer Hinds | November to early December and February
- Roe Deer Bucks | August to September
- Roe Deer Does | November to early December